Open Coil Air Heating Elements
Open coil heating elements are coiled resistance wire (usually Ni-Chrome or Kanthal, but also others) fixed onto a supporting element.
Selection of correct wire gauge, wire type and coil diameter requires experience in industrial heating. Standard air heating elements are available on the market, but quit often they need to be custom built. Open coil air heaters work best below air velocities of 80 FPM. Higher air velocities could cause the coils to contact each other and short out. For higher velocities, select a tubular air heater or strip heater.
We recommend the use of a flow switch in the airstream to avoid any potential overheating of the resistance wire. Because of the low mass and fast response time of air heaters, we recommend the use of solid state relays or a zero-cross SCR or phase-fired SCR.
High Quality Resistance Wire
- Nickel Chromium Wire
- Sag Resistant
- Long Lasting
Sturdy Mechanical Joints
- Welded Construction
- No Eyelets or Rivets Used
- Eliminates Mechanical Failure Points
Industry Proven User Termination
- Tough Ceramic Terminal Block
- Rugged Male Quick Connect Terminal
All Metal Frame
- Durable Vibration Tested Construction
- Coated Steel
Bus Bar Connection
- High Temperature Nickel Chromium
- Resists Oxidation and Corrosion
- Superior Weldability
- Resists Delamination Due to Temperature and Moisture
Rugged High Temperature Heating Element Terminal Connection
- Nickel Plated Steel
- Withstands Continuous 25 Amp Current
- Improved Electrical Termination Over Eyelet Construction
please contact email our 24X7 Sales, Customer Support Service, Enquiry more ask questions.